Pets and Friends is hiring a Program Manager!
Applications currently open (10 Mar 2020 to 20 Mar 2020)
Pets and Friends is a small nonprofit organization in the Lower Mainland BC with a mission to provide and promote the healing comfort and companionship of animals through through pet therapy visitations. 200 pets and their owners (pet therapy teams) put this mission into action by visiting hospitals, assisted living facilities, and schools weekly to share the unconditional love only a furry, four-legged friend can deliver.
Pets and Friends is run by two part-time staff and governed by a board of directors. We’re looking for a positive pet lover with experience in nonprofit operations including grant writing and/or fundraising and completion of a college/university degree or equivalent experience to fill the Program Manager role. The position is mostly home-office based with 20-hours a week including some weekends and/or evenings. Good candidates for this role are excellent mulit-taskers and can pivot quickly and easily. They can operate with much autonomy and have a go-getter, overachieving personality. This role serves as the face of the organization and therefore candidates must be comfortable with public speaking, are reliable and are phenomenal verbal and written communicators.
Examples of key responsibilities of the Program Manager include but are not limited to:
- Advises the board and implements the board’s strategic direction.
- Responsible for all operations of the organization.
- Ensures all the activities and programs are aligned to the stated goals of the organization.
- Designs and implements programs that align to the organization’s mission and support the organization’s goals.
- Plans special events that publicize the organization and its programs to the community.
- Ensures communications to membership are timely and informative.
- Ensures the organization is compliant with all regulations government the organization’s not for profit status.
- Is responsible for fundraising and grant writing as well as monthly financial reporting.
Job Type: Part-time (20 hours / week)
Salary: $18.00 to $22.00 / hour
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
Please note: Though this is mostly a work from home position, applicants must be located in the Lower Mainland of BC to attend board meetings, pick up mail at our mailing address and perform other job-related tasks.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in Pets and Friends; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.