Pets and Friends is hiring a Program Manager!
Applications currently closed (10 Feb 2020)
Pets and Friends is a small nonprofit organization in the Lower Mainland BC with a mission to provide and promote the healing power of animal companionship through pet visitation. 200 volunteers and their screened pets put this mission into action by visiting hospitals, assisted living facilities, and schools weekly to share the unconditional love only a furry, four-legged friend can deliver.
Pets and Friends is run by two part-time staff and governed by a board of directors. We’re looking for a positive, pet lover with experience in nonprofit operations to fill the Program Manager role. The position is a remote role with 20-hours a week including some weekends. Good candidates for this role are excellent mulit-taskers and can pivot quickly and easily. They can operate with much autonomy and have a go-getter, overachieving personality. This role serves as the face of the organization and therefore candidates must be comfortable with public speaking, are reliable and are phenomenal verbal and written communicators. The responsibilities of the Program Manager are as follows:
- Advises the board and implements the board’s strategic direction.
- Responsible for all operations of the organization.
- Ensures all the activities and programs are aligned to the stated goals of the organization.
- Designs and implements programs that align to the organization’s mission and support the organization’s goals.
- Plans special events that publicize the organization and its programs to the community.
- Ensures communications to membership are timely and informative.
- Ensures the organization is compliant with all regulations government the organization’s not for profit status.
- Is responsible for fundraising and grant writing as well as monthly financial reporting.
Job Type: Part-time (20 hours / week)
Salary: $18.00 to $22.00 /hour
Please note: Though this is mostly a work from home position, applicants must be located in the lower mainland of BC to facilitate volunteer orientations, attend board meetings and pick up mail at our mailing address.
Want to know more about how to get involved with Pets and Friends as a Pet Therapy Team?
Great! We are always looking for new volunteers to help us bring the joy and comfort of animal companionship to persons living in care facilities and to people in other health care and educational settings in the Lower Mainland. As a first step, we recommend that you read all about what our screening and orientation process looks like here. If you think you are able to commit to the screening and training process, and to regular visits for at least one (1) year, please click here to be notified when we’re recruiting pet therapy teams and/or email us at email@example.com to get started!
Plus, don’t forget to follow us on Facebook – click here to visit Pets and Friends’ Facebook page.