Become a Pet Therapy Team
Thank you for your interest in Pets and Friends and our Pet Therapy Program! We are always looking for individuals who are interested in sharing their pet’s unconditional love.
- Be one (1) year of age or older.
- Be owned by and have lived with their handler for a minimum of three (3) months.
- Have up-to-date vaccinations for rabies, distemper, hepatitis, parvovirus and parainfluenza.
- Be clean, healthy and well groomed (odor free, nails clipped and filed, teeth brushed).
- Be friendly, social and enjoy meeting new people.
- Successfully complete the Pets and Friends Pet Screening/Evaluation.
- Be at least sixteen (16) years’ old.
- Successfully pass a criminal record check.
- Be willing to complete the application process.
- Provide and comply with pet vaccination requirements.
- Commit to a regular volunteer visiting schedule for a minimum of one (1) year.
Please note: Pets and Friends is unable to certify your pet as an emotional support animal or accompany you to your place of work.